Viola Desmond BIPOC Owned and/or Operated Business Directory Terms & Conditions
The Guelph Black Heritage Society (GBHS) Viola Desmond BIPOC Owned and/or Operated Business Directory exists to support and promote BIPOC businesses and organizations, and BIPOC entrepreneurs. Herein referred to as the “GBHS BIPOC Directory”.
The GBHS will only allow verified BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) owned and/or operated businesses and organizations to be listed on the GBHS BIPOC Directory (www.gbhsdirectory.ca) and promoted on GBHS social media platforms.
All BIPOC-owned operations are eligible to register for our directory, ranging from for-profit businesses to non-profit organizations and community outreach and resource centres.
Following submission of a GBHS BIPOC Directory Submission Form, GBHS will review all listings to determine whether the business is eligible for inclusion in www.gbhsdirectory.ca. Businesses will receive notification if they are eligible for inclusion in www.gbhsdirectory.ca.
Agreement of the Terms & Conditions is made and entered into by completing and submitting the GBHS BIPOC Directory Submission Form. You acknowledge, represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement on behalf of your business.
- The business or organization shall ensure that the details provided in the listing are accurate, authentic, correct and kept up to date. Changes or updates must be submitted via email to email@example.com . The business or organization may decide to remove their listing whenever they please.
- The business understands that any changes or requests will be addressed as soon as possible, ideally within 10 business days, understanding that the GBHS is a primarily volunteer-run organization with a small team.
- The business or organization must ensure that the details provided for the directory accurately reflect their products and services and the areas in which their services are available. The GBHS reserves the right to remove any listing at their discretion, reasons may include content that is deemed to be inaccurate or unacceptable.
- By providing information and materials for the directory, businesses agree to grant GBHS permission to use this material for any reason in any media, including all GBHS social media platforms.
- The GBHS BIPOC Directory provides the opportunity for readers and visitors to contact the business or organization using the details provided to us in the registration process. The business or organization agrees to accept these contacts. THE GBHS takes no responsibility for the interactions or information delivered via the GBHS BIPOC directory.
- If or when a business or organization is contacted by a customer in relation to a listing on the GBHS BIPOC Directory, then that interaction and transaction exists solely between the business and the customer on the business’s terms and conditions or as otherwise agreed between the business and the customer. The GBHS has no liability to the business or organization for a customer’s behaviour, payment, inquiries and concerns, etc.
- The GBHS accepts no responsibility or liability for any comments made against the business or organization’s listings via third party apps e.g. on social media.
- The GBHS will endeavour to make the directory available at all times but cannot guarantee that it will operate continuously or without interruptions, or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability or any other technical or website-related issues.
- The GBHS may alter these terms and conditions whenever deemed necessary and post the new versions here, following which all use of the GBHS BiPOC Directory will be governed by that version. The business or organization should check the terms and conditions regularly.
Revised November 2021